Unity is an incredible 3D package used for making video games, architectural and medical imaging and more. The challenge is that it’s big and complicated to use, especially for complete beginners to coding and game development. We make learning to code easy and fun by leading you step-by-step through the process of creating exciting games.
The course is project-based, so you will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to real indie games as you go. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources – you’ll never get stuck. There are “talking heads”, powerful diagrams, quality screen-casts and more.
What you’ll learn
- Learn C# from scratch. A powerful modern language.
- Get experience using Unity 2017 – a very versatile 3D tool.
- Gain an excellent general knowledge of video game design.
- Make 2.5D and 3D games in Unity.
- Transfer your knowledge to .NET, other languages, and more.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Develop a positive attitude to problem solving.
- Practical exercises EVERY VIDEO to build actual skills.
- Learn good coding and design patterns.
- Learn to use source control, a valuable tool for working in small teams.
- Free disc space (5GB on PC, 10GB on Mac) to install Unity, Visual Studio, and our projects.
- PC or Mac capable of running Unity 2017 (free Personal version).
- Regular internet access for Q&A and community.
- That’s it… you’re good to go!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to code the fun way – by making games.
- Existing coders (especially C#) who want to re-skill to game development.
- People who want to learn to make their video games, learning code as they go.
- 1. Orientation
2. Introduction & Environment
3. Scripting & Coding
4. User Interface
5. Physic & Sound
7. Roll a Ball Game (Exercise)
8. Android Development
9. Project Submission